CHATTO AND WINDUS, 111 ST. MARTIN'S LANE, LONDON, W.C.
THE SHAKESPEARE CLa.s.sICS
A Series of volumes of reprints, under the general editorship of Professor I. GOLLANCZ, embodying the Romances, Novels, and Plays used by Shakespeare as the direct sources and originals of his plays. 6-1/2 x 5-1/4 inches, gilt tops, in the following styles. Each volume will contain a photogravure frontispiece reproduction of the original t.i.tle. Publication of Nos. 1 and 2 in June; No. 3 in September, and thereafter at short intervals.
Quarter-bound antique grey boards, 2/6 net.
Whole gold brown velvet persian, 4/- net.
Three-quarter vellum, Oxford side-papers, gilt tops, silk marker, 6/- net; Postage, 4_d_.
1. LODGE'S "ROSALYNDE": the original of Shakespeare's "As You Like It."
Edited by W.W. GREG, M.A.
2. GREENE'S "DORASTUS AND FAWNIA": the original of Shakespeare's "Winter's Tale."
Edited by P.G. THOMAS, Professor of English Literature, Bedford College, University of London.
3. BROOKE'S POEM OF "ROMEUS AND JULIET": the original of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," as edited by P.A. DANIEL, modernised and re-edited by J.J. MUNRO.
4. "THE TROUBLESOME REIGN OF KING JOHN": the Play rewritten by Shakespeare as "King John."
Edited by F.J. FURNIVALL, D. Litt.
5, 6. "THE HISTORY OF HAMLET." Together with other Doc.u.ments ill.u.s.trative of the source of Shakespeare's play, and an Introductory Study of the Legend of Hamlet by Professor I. GOLLANCZ, Litt.D., who also edits the work. (NOTE.--No. 6 will fill 2 volumes.)
7. "THE PLAY OF KING LEIR AND HIS THREE DAUGHTERS": the old play on the subject of King Lear.
Edited by SIDNEY LEE, D. Litt.
*** _Also 520 special sets (500 for sale) on larger paper, about 7-1/2 x 5-3/4 inches, half-bound parchment, boards, gilt tops, as a Library Edition. Sold in sets only. Per volume, 5/- net; Postage, 4d._
***Among other items THE SHAKESPEARE LIBRARY--of which the above Series forms the first section--will contain a complete Old-spelling Shakespeare, edited by Dr. FURNIVALL. A full prospectus of The Shakespeare Library is in preparation, and will be sent post free on application.
_R. Clay & Sons, Ltd., London and Bungay._
« Previous My Bookmarks Chapters Next»